Pitfall is a challenging jump puzzle map. It requires knowledge of some basic Rabi-Ribi platforming tricks (explained below). However, more advanced stuff (e.g. amulet climbs) is not required, and so this map should still be (relatively) accessible.
- Play on Speedrun mode, Standard, NORMAL difficulty
- Obtain Gold Carrot and Congratulations! trophy
Some basic tricks you need to know:
- Launches (quickdrop and wallkick off wall without reverse walljump)
- Whirl bounce (quickdrop + bunny whirl onto enemy for high bounce)
- QD Airjump (airjump while quickdropping gives a large forward boost)
- Quickdrop jump (quickdropping during a jump gives you a longer jump distance)
- Amulet Whirl Cancel (amulet to cancel whirl animation, so other actions can be taken in mid-air)
What you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) use:
- Amulet climbs (i.e. amulet to cancel y-momentum)
- Buffered wall launches (qd and immediately launch on adjacent frames)
- Wimpy jumps (quickdrop reverse wall jump, not wallkick)
- Zips of any kind
- Don’t waste time on the death animation! Skip it like a cutscene.
- NORMAL Difficulty, STANDARD Mode, SPEEDRUN Mode
- Obtain Gold Carrot, then the Congratulations! trophy.
- Timing starts when the game is started (i.e. when you select the mode), timing ends when the text disappears after collecting the Congratulations! trophy.
- Time is measured using RTA (Real Time)
- Note: For times recorded before custom maps were introduced in v1.8e, 8 seconds is subtracted from the final time to account for the lack of an intro cutscene and the starting location.